Check out this week’s workshop deal below!
Welcome! In this workshop, we are going to learn how to create our own backdrop boards. When you go to purchase a backdrop board from a company making them – you can easily spend $200 or more for just one board. In this workshop, I am going to show you how to make those same looks for just a fraction of the cost. Now everyone can have a beautiful variety to choose from for their backdrops!
Who is this workshop good for? This workshop is perfect for people who love shooting still life, food photography, flat lays, macro and so much more. These techniques can be used for any size backdrop boards. So if you are a portrait photographer or a baby photographer – these techniques would be perfect for your larger backdrop needs too!
Save $100 on this workshop with coupon code: Backdrops100 (valid May 17-23)
Your workshop includes 36 Videos – with over 8 1/2 hours of learning
- I”ll show you how I created 25 different backdrop boards in this workshop!
- I show you how to create your boards from scratch. I don’t leave anything out. You will be absolutely amazed at how easy these are to make with my techniques!
- I show you several different surface choices you can use to start your board and let you know which one is my absolute favorite after trying many different ones out.
- I show you several cool plastering techniques using basic drywall mud.
- I will show you how I create a very real – carved plank – wood board using 1 simple hobby tool. Wood plank boards are some of my most favorite surfaces to photograph on – and you will be amazed at how easy these are to create!
- I will show you how I create beautifully aged plaster surfaces.
- We will learn how to do some chippy paint surfaces.
- I’ll show you all the supplies I’m using – but I fully encourage you to substitute and use supplies you have on hand or that are available to you.
- We’ll create some really unique old-looking stenciled plaster walls – a technique that will definitely make your boards truly one-of-a-kind!
- We’ll get bold with our color choices.
- We’ll push the envelope and come up with a collection you cannot wait to use in your photography.
- We’ll also talk about how to finish your boards – I have a few different things I recommend – to keep your boards beautiful for years.
- I have also included several styling video setups – showing you some of the boards we create during this workshop in use.
- What my lighting looks like.
- How I style a set.
- How different boards really change up the look of your photos.