In this workshop, we are going to learn how to create our own backdrop boards. When you go to purchase a backdrop board from a company making them – you can easily spend $200 or more for just one board. In this workshop, I am going to show you how to make those same looks for just a fraction of the cost. Now everyone can have a beautiful variety to choose from for their backdrops!
Who is this workshop good for? This workshop is perfect for people who love shooting still life, food photography, flat lays, macro and so much more. These techniques can be used for any size backdrop boards. So if you are a portrait photographer or a baby photographer – these techniques would be perfect for your larger backdrop needs too!
**You have lifetime access to this workshop – Workshop videos are available for you to download and keep.
Your workshop includes 36 Videos – with over 8 1/2 hours of learning
- I”ll show you how I created 25 different backdrop boards in this workshop!
- I show you how to create your boards from scratch. I don’t leave anything out. You will be absolutely amazed at how easy these are to make with my techniques!
- I show you several different surface choices you can use to start your board and let you know which one is my absolute favorite after trying many different ones out.
- I show you several cool plastering techniques using basic drywall mud.
- I will show you how I create a very real – carved plank – wood board using 1 simple hobby tool. Wood plank boards are some of my most favorite surfaces to photograph on – and you will be amazed at how easy these are to create!
- I will show you how I create beautifully aged plaster surfaces.
- We will learn how to do some chippy paint surfaces.
- I’ll show you all the supplies I’m using – but I fully encourage you to substitute and use supplies you have on hand or that are available to you.
- We’ll create some really unique old-looking stenciled plaster walls – a technique that will definitely make your boards truly one-of-a-kind!
- We’ll get bold with our color choices.
- We’ll push the envelope and come up with a collection you cannot wait to use in your photography.
- We’ll also talk about how to finish your boards – I have a few different things I recommend – to keep your boards beautiful for years.
- I have also included several styling video setups – showing you some of the boards we create during this workshop in use.
- What my lighting looks like.
- How I style a set.
- How different boards really change up the look of your photos.
Check out what others are saying about this workshop in our workshop group:
“ZOMG! After seeing the amazing boards… I decided to get the Background course, and SO GLAD I DID. Watched the first 5-6 classes before my iPad ran out of battery and SO MANY IDEAS!! Loving the glaze idea, never seen that before and love the effect. I am so inspired – seriously could go into business making these, so much fun”
“I highly recommend the backdrop workshop and hopefully the outcomes speak for themselves – I am *not* an artistic person when it comes to being creative with paint and stuff but the way Denise teaches, it makes it easy and safe for you to experiment.”
“Love love love the new background boards workshop! Made 2 boards today and have another in progress. Thanks, Denise Love for sharing all of your fabulous techniques!!!”
“I’m still in board heaven here…working, working, working.
“Denise! It’s like you read my mind! I went to Vintage Market Days, with a wishlist of goodies for photography. One of the items was something for a backdrop. Nothing was quite right. A wonderful green peeling paint half door that was too big and expensive. A small medicine cabinet door that had too many knobs added. A great tin tile that nearly sliced my fingers. A perfect board found, to learn that it was used for displays only.
I left thinking I would try to make my own boards, not really knowing where to start other than needing some crackle finish! Figured I would just keep experimenting until I liked the way things looked.
Shortly after, there comes your e-mail with the update about the new workshop!! Devoured much of it last weekend. It will be a couple days before I can get to the store for supplies, but love learning and watching you create.
Brilliant the way you worked through the techniques and made them as inexpensive and easy as possible for us, yet most of all, delivering just the very thing we want! We sure are benefitting from your time, creative vision, and talent for constant creative change and growth. Your instruction is fantastic! Thank you for the top-notch workshops you create for us!!”
Once you make your purchase – your course will be available for you immediately. You will access your course under the “my courses” tab up top under the “my account” tab.
You must be logged in to view your course. All of the videos are available for download for you to keep. I provide a Vimeo link below each video – which will allow you to access the Vimeo video page for your download options.
*This course has lifetime access (This means you can continue to access this course for the lifetime of this website and all of the videos are available for you to download and keep!).