“I must have flowers, always, and always.” ― Claude Monet
Nothing is as beautiful and intricate as a flower. The colors and textures always amaze me. When you stop and look close, really close, and study, you’ll notice colors, combinations, textures, and so much more than you never realized existed. Flowers have so many details, and I love to capture them in my photography.
This year we have had a hard year (I filmed it during the COVID pandemic – so depending on when you are watching this workshop – that will give you some context to what I am referring to when I say “hard year”). And working inside has been a saving grace for me. Not being able to travel about, visit all the lovely gardens and shops for months on end, being able to still do my photography has been a true blessing. I have been working in my studio more than ever and instead of creating less, it has allowed me to create more. I already use my studio quite a bit in the last few years, but this year it has become an important fixture in my day to day existence.
That is where this workshop was born out of. I really deep dive into working in your studio, using natural light and studio lights, different sets to inspire you, printing and framing, and so much more. I’m really excited about all of the things I’ve pulled together for you in this workshop!
I am so excited to bring you this advanced workshop for flowers. This is the perfect companion workshop to my first flower workshop “Let’s Get Creative With Flowers” that I put out a few years ago. In that first workshop, we covered all the basics and got out to shoot flowers in all our favorite places.
In this workshop, we are going to take all that practice and knowledge you learned and kick it up a notch. We are going to push our creativity further with studio shooting. I’m going to show you how I shoot flowers in my house in very small spaces, with natural light and studio lights. This is the perfect workshop for when you can’t get out to your favorite places or the botanical gardens to shoot. It eliminates all the excuses you give yourself for not practicing your photography because you can’t get out. And I love it since I don’t have to be outside when it’s too hot and I can shoot when it’s the middle of winter and it’s too cold.
Who is this workshop good for? Photographers who are ready to kick their photo practice up a notch. In this advanced workshop, we go beyond the basics and I help you push your skills to the next level with new ideas, studio shooting, lighting and so much more.
**You have lifetime access to this workshop – Workshop videos are available for you to download and keep.
Your workshop includes both video and written information. There are approx 10+ hours of video content in this workshop (62 videos).
This is the perfect companion workshop to my first flower workshop “Let’s Get Creative With Flowers” that I put out a few years ago. In that first workshop, we covered all the basics and got out to shoot flowers in all our favorite places.
In this workshop, we are going to take all that practice and knowledge you learned and kick it up a notch.
- In this workshop, we’ll get started with some of my favorite props and backgrounds to use in my flower photography.
- We’ll go over setting up space for your own tiny studio to use while shooting in your house.
- Do I use real or fake flowers when shooting? And how much blur is good.
- I have a whole section on lenses and the choices you might make when taking your flower portraits. I like to shoot with regular lenses, vintage lenses, and Lensbabies. No matter what you are using now, start there, and look at some of the other options I’m showing you to see what you might like to try out as you advance in your own photography. It doesn’t matter what I like to shoot with personally. This is all about figuring out what you love to shoot with and I have lots of fun options to show you!
- This workshop also has a nice section on studio lighting, I know you think since I shoot natural light mostly that I never shoot with studio light – but you’d be wrong. I’ve tried lots of different lighting over the years, and in this workshop, I’m going to show you some of the options I have and use in my studio when the light is just not perfect. (This workshop does not cover flash or strobe light. We are looking at inexpensive continuous lighting for studio work in this workshop)
- I have a ton of setups behind the scenes for you to try out. Some really good, easy challenges for you to set up for yourself and shoot.
- I’ll also do some editing of sets for you, we’ll do some fully manual edits using Lightroom and Photoshop. And I’ll have some edits showing you how I use the Blooming presets and Textures. I’ve included lots of interesting tips and tricks I know you’ll love. If you don’t use Lightroom or Photoshop – no problem. Use the info I’m providing you and see how you can use the info in your own program of choice as they all offer something similar.
I’ve also included some fantastic bonuses for this class…
- Bonus – Printing and Framing. I know you are going to love this bonus section I’ve included with this workshop on printing and framing. We’ll go over: printing your photos, paper options, print sizes, signing your prints, framing choices from cheap all the way up to custom, and I’ll show you how to custom frame your photos with a mat and without a mat from one of my very favorite online custom frame resources! This is a nice little deep-dive into printing and framing with my sources that you are going to love. Once you see how easy it is to frame some of your work for yourself – you’ll be hooked. (My resources are US based since that is where I am located. If you are in another country – I encourage you to look at the wonderful options I’m showing you and google for some good resources near you. Most of these will have some kind of availability where you are from vendors local to you.)
- Bonus – You get my new Blooming Preset collection which is compatible with Lightroom 7.3 and up and Photoshop CC. (due to changes in Lightroom and Photoshop this year – this collection only has the .xmp files for Camera Raw included as I can no longer create the older .lrtemplate lightroom files) (If you don’t use Lightroom – no problem. These are simply a bonus I have added in for those who do to give a spin. You can edit in any program you feel comfortable in.)
- Bonus – You also get the new Blooming Texture Collection – a really beautiful set that includes 30 textures perfect for adding details to your flower photography. (Don’t use Photoshop? No problem. You can use textures in any program that allows for layers, as you will layer a texture on top of your photo.)
Check out what students are saying about my other workshops in our workshop group:
“So excited! You always give double-plus in your workshops.
”I really love all of the thoughts and variations you share while you’re in the process of shooting and cropping.”
“This will be my 4th 2Lil Owls course and I have loved every one. Being new to photography Denise’s workshops were just what I needed to jump-start my adventures. I learned so much but the best part was I had fun!! You won’t be disappointed.”
“Congratulations… you are a wonderful, generous teacher… and always passionate about what you do. I’m sure this will be another hit!”
“Yay!!! That’s exactly the workshop I want!!”
“I credit Denise Love with helping to take my photography to the next level. My images definitely went wa-a-ay higher with her classes. She’s so relaxed and explains things in a clear and easy manner. Worth every penny to me!”
“Cracking the Color Code Workshop is so intense! In a good way. There is just so much to learn… My eyes are opened and I’m seeing my art much differently…Thank you, Denise Love. This workshop is so valuable and full of information I will use forever! You are the best!!!”
“I honestly didn’t think I needed a course on colors. I just took “Cracking the Color Code” for inspiration. However, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I’m learning! Denise Love @2lilowlsstudio is such a great teacher and encourager.”
“I just finished the lesson on “Color Inspiration Magazines”. It is amazing! I feel as if my head wants to pop because of all the wonderful ideas and information presented in that segment. It has totally inspired me! For the last few weeks been feeling as if I reached the end of being creative as I could not come up with still life ideas. So so inspirational!”
“I’m loving the new color course! Your images are always So gorgeous, and So inspiring. Your courses have helped me to move forward with my photography SO much. Thank you so very much! You are one very talented and generous lady!!!”
“Finished my last two of four days work on the monochromatic lesson. Again, I cannot say how much I am enjoying the workshop. Denise, I don’t know if you are really aware of the monsters for art that you’ve created.”
“Have watched all the videos – was like a book I couldn’t put down! Amazing amazing workshop! Now to gather some supplies. Thanks so much for the enormous amount of research you did – just incredible.
“I’ve waited anxiously to get this workshop and got it yesterday and very excited! I started watching it yesterday and I have to work this weekend, but with Monday being a snowstorm guess what I’m doing!”
“Denise, I am loving your still life courses, I’ve already learned so much.”
“I had an “aha” moment while studying these videos… Look for the soft diffused light… use the light… reflect the light… bend the light… it’s really all about that light!”
“I have been working on your food workshop videos! They are so well presented!! You did an AWESOME job!!! :)”
“Creative Flowers Workshop. Fluttering Petals technique. This workshop has stirred something in me.”
“I’m loving the Still Stories Workshop! The section on lighting was a game-changer for me as I’ve always done photography outdoors and didn’t really know how to work with indoor light.”
Once you make your purchase – your course will be available for you immediately. You will access your course under the “my courses” tab up top under the “my account” tab.
You must be logged in to view your course. All of the videos are available for download for you to keep. I provide a Vimeo link below each video – which will allow you to access the Vimeo video page for your download options.
*This course has lifetime access (This means you can continue to access this course for the lifetime of this website and all of the videos are available for you to download and keep!).