Abstract Painting with a Twist: Mixing Pastels and Acrylics for Stunning Results
Are you looking for a fun and creative way to explore your artistic side? If so, this abstract painting tutorial is perfect for you! In this video, we’ll be creating two miniature paintings using acrylic paints and pastels. You’ll learn about how to mix and match different media to create beautiful abstract compositions.
Here are 10 tips to help you get started with your abstract painting journey:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and textures.
- Start with a loose sketch or outline to give your painting structure.
- Use a variety of mark-making tools, such as brushes, palette knives, and sponges, to create interesting textures.
- Layer your colors to create depth and dimension in your painting.
- Play with the opacity of your paint to create interesting effects.
- Consider using different types of paper or canvas to create unique textures and finishes.
- Use pastels to add a pop of color or to create interesting details in your painting.
- Practice blending different colors together to create beautiful gradients.
- Create contrast by using dark and light colors in your composition.
- Finally, don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the process!
By following these tips and experimenting with different techniques, you’ll be well on your way to creating stunning abstract art with acrylics and pastels. And if you want to learn more, be sure to check out our video tutorial where we’ll guide you step-by-step through the process of creating your own beautiful abstract paintings.
Supplies I’m using in class (The Amazon links are affiliate links. If you use my link – I do get a small commission – which will go toward my art supplies! I appreciate your support!
Canson Heritage 140lb Coldpress watercolor paper
pencil to make marks
*Comments submitted for approval to prevent SPAM and will show up shortly!